the road

the road
It's not about where you have been. It's about where your going....

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today is brand new day

Today was nothing special. I went to work, saw my friends, and then came home. Nothing really special from the outside looking in. But today was special at least to me. Today was the day that something clicked inside of me.
I don't know if it was the people I was talking to or just my head and my heart finally clicking together. All I know is that today was special. I think I am finally starting to listen to my heart and opening my ears to His voice.
For awhile there I was really lost. It felt like I was walking down a road with no sense of where I was or where I should be going. I thought I knew the way but it turned out that I didn't have a single clue. Some days were harder than others and some were simply a blank. Then one night I found myself sitting on my bedroom floor crying. I felt empty inside with nothing left of myself to give. I think that was the moment that I truly heard His voice. It felt like a giant hug had suddenly wrapped around me. I felt warm, safe, and the tears finally stopped. It took a few days to put everything together but I think I have finally got it.
So here is to the future and to everything that it will bring.

Today was a day just like any other. It was I who changed and I am the reason today was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment