the road

the road
It's not about where you have been. It's about where your going....

Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow in Vegas.....who knew??


About  a week ago I drove up to Mt. Charleston with some friends. Seeing as how we live in Las Vegas there is no snow so we have to drive. I've actually only been to Mt. Charleston 2 other times.
The first was with my grandparents when we went on a sleigh ride :) It is actually my favorite memory of my grandfather. Him and I had a snowball fight and the three of us sang Christmas songs. I guess you could say that it is also one of my favorite Christmas memories too. The other time was with my friend Heather. Her family owns a cabin up there and we went up there for a weekend getaway.
But this trip was also very memorable. I think mainly because Brandon kept slipping. Every time we looked back Brandon slipped father and farther behind. Then the funniest moment had to be when we walked down this little hill and Heather decided to slide down the hill instead of walk. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!
It was a great time and I have even more amazing memories! Hiking up the mountain, finding spots that would work, trying to get ideas or poses, and teaching Trinity to smile with her eyes. I feel like with every shoot I am getting a little better. I can't wait to actually start doing this as my full time job! Everyone has to have a job that they love, right?



1 comment:

  1. I love Mt Charleston! Ive been up there a few times! have you ever stopped by the Resort on Mt Charleston? Its the beautiful place half way up the mountain. the restaurant is delicious. my friends parents took us there. ive never stayed overnight, but i want to! Its so close to the ski mountain and sledding areas :)

    ReplyDelete