the road

the road
It's not about where you have been. It's about where your going....

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks


Today was a day to remember. Not only because I was with my family but it was also Thanksgiving! So Happy Thanksgiving everyone or anyone that is reading this. One thing that I love about Thanksgiving is the fact that I am with my family.
Looking back to when I was little there are very few memories that don't come from family get togethers. Either Thanksgiving or Christmas. I can even remember a few Easters with all the family. But I love my family! <3 I may not see them as much anymore or even really talk to them a whole lot but I love my crazy mixed up family. It's hard actually going up because everyone tells you that when you get older you'll be wishing to go back. In a way everyone was right because when I was younger everything was easier and everyone was there because we were all so young. But now my oldest cousin has a girlfriend and lives in Florida, the next two in line are married with kids, then there is the 4!
The 4 include: Myself, my cousin Nate, my cousin Taylor, and my cousin Sammie. When we were younger we did everything together and when I say everything I pretty much mean everything! I remember camping trips where Nate, Taylor, and I would terrorize Sammie. I remember a time when Nate and I were like best friends and we didn't want anything to do with Taylor or Sammie. And now.....Nate is engaged!! To a great girl named Audrey. Taylor is for the greatest reasons one of my best friends. and Sammie is really starting to grow on me.....
So much so I decided to have a little photo shoot with her today. It was awesome because I think for the first time I got to see another side of Sam and I liked what I saw! I may not be able to go back in time but I think today helped me remember that I'm looking forward to what the future brings. Bring it....



1 comment:

  1. uhmmm i love this! im so sad we werent there for the family photo but christmas time i want to take another one ok?? :)) i miss you cuz and love you! better get ready for some crazy movie times and some barlowgirl concerts! :)

    ReplyDelete