the road

the road
It's not about where you have been. It's about where your going....

Monday, December 20, 2010

A concert or something more.....


I recently attended a concert. Well actually two concerts by the same artists. Yes, the set lists were the same. But I don't think the concerts were exactly the same.
The band was an amazing Christian Rock band, BarlowGirl. A band made up of three amazing sisters; Rebecca (31, guitar, and vocals), Alyssa (28, piano, bass, vocals), and Lauren (25, drums, vocals). They have been in a band together for 10 years and I think they are just getting better! But getting back to the concert, let me tell you why I went twice.
This band is more than just a band who plays great music. They are a band who is changing the way people think. Daring people to stand out and make a difference in this world. During their concerts they do more than play music. They interact with the audience, they make you laugh, they taunt each other, and most importantly they help you realize that there is more out there.
For along time I thought that I wasn't worth anything. I thought that maybe if I ran away from it all everyone would be better off. I also felt so alone in the world, like no one could or would ever understand me. One day I was walking home listening to the radio when the station I was listening to suddenly went to static. I tried to find a station that would come in but all I got was this song that I had no clue what it was. As I listened I began to listen to the lyrics and they moved me. Later I found that the song was called "Never Alone" and the artist was a band named BarlowGirl. After that I was hooked!! I now have all their Cd's and their music still moves me to this day.
I think one of the biggest reasons I like them so much is because they helped me see myself in a different light. They helped me realize that I am not worthless and that God loves me. I know that sounds crazy but open yourself up and listen to their music and you might find out what I'm talking about. This world trys to make us feel bad about ourselves and I don't think that is right. Why do girls feel like that they have to have a boyfriend to be important? Or dress in clothes that don't fit AT ALL just to turn some heads? And why do you have to be a certain size to find nice clothes? If we all didn't listen to what the magazines and TVs are telling us then maybe we all might feel better about ourselves! But no it is all about money, power, and how much you can beat the other guy down. And that is just not right!!
A lot of people might not think the way I do and you know what I am starting to really not care! I happen to like who I am and I am just starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. And it all started with BarlowGirl and I am proud to call myself a fan of their music and their message. They are amazing women who push the envelope and that is amazing! Here are a couple of pictures from the show....




No comments:

Post a Comment