the road

the road
It's not about where you have been. It's about where your going....

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Clear Head....Finally!



So I have been doing a lot of soul searching and praying for this past week. I will tell you one thing, this week as not been a walk in the park! I have shed a LOT of tears and written tons of pages in my journal. And everything boils down to this one thought....I can do this!
My last blog was probably the lowest I have been in a long time. Funny how this time I wrote a blog about it. But to be perfectly honest it actually helped. Last Monday was my breaking point! I found myself on the floor of my kitchen, in the dark, crying my eyes out! But then the weirdest thing happened...I suddenly felt this warmth around me and all of the sudden my heart was full of love and the answers I had been looking for were all in my head. My tears of sadness and loneliness suddenly turned into tears of joy and hope. Hope...a word I thought was lost to me forever is now all I can think about. Hope for the future, hope for me, and hope for everyone else that I love and care about. But mainly hope for myself! I have lived to long worried about what other people think that I forget to think about what I want and what I care about. Even in my last blog I was worried about 1 person's opinion about what I want to do with my life and no one should ever make you question yourself! So lets start this over again.
My name is Bri, I'm 23 years old and I want to be a Photographer when I grow up! Then again I don't really want to grow up but yeah everyone has to someday. I have spent a week getting into my head and figuring out why I love photography......
I love what happens when people are put in front of a camera. You get to see someone for who they really are. There is so much you can do with photo shop but one thing you can't replace or add or edit is who the person is. I love being behind the camera and getting know someone all over again. I love the relationships you make at a photo shoot. Getting to be a part of someones special moment whether it is at a party, at a park, or even in the middle of the desert. Having someone trust you enough to let you see them is a feeling I don't think I would trade for anything. I hear people say to "live your life," and "don't waste another day," and I want to do all that from behind a camera lens. Travel the world and see everything that this beautiful planet has to offer. Being there for my friends on their special days. Capturing the absolute beauty of a single moment.
Things change and I use to think that changes were bad until I witnessed the biggest change of all....myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment